Tuesday, June 27, 2006

This is crazy 6/25/06 9:06am

Note: due to the wireless connection was a bit weak, I didn't get this posted at the noted time in the title.


I know no one really wants to hear this but I am telling ya this is the coolest thing ever. While I have heard the numbers are down this year, apparently by a lot, I am kind of glad my first conference is with such "low" numbers.

I am offically in love with New Orleans. I was before, but now I really am.

I am on day two, and for planned items, I am batting 50%.

I was suppose to go to the bloggers bash last night, but didn't make it.

I did however make to Dr. Madeleine Albright's talk last night.

Wow just wow. It was one of the coolest things I have attended. Mayor Naygen was there too. He is an impressive speaker. I was sitting in a room of a couple of thousand people, and yet I feel like he was talking to me.

This is just a quick over view of what I experianced yesterday. I know there is so much more, and I will try to write more later. But never have I ever been a place with so many people but feel like I belong. I doesn't matter if I was getting off the plane, getting to my hotel, the conventions center, or the bar last night. Librarians, bellmen, bar patrons, anyone will strike up a conversation with you. I have been a stray cat. I am picked up by groups of librarians (and they do travel in herds not packs, pulled along, given tips and included in conversations. I had a couple of groups that without them I would have hated this whole trip.

I wish I would have gotten the names of the librarians that helped me Friday night. From the lady that helped me find the bus that went to the convetion center and guided me across the street, to the ladies that calmed my fears of not getting my badge in time. Without those 10 or so really great women, I would have said the heck with this and stayed in my hotel room.

More on my great Friday and Saturday later. Right now I need to get started on my Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home