Monday, January 07, 2008

I love the Internet as much as the next person

But let's face it, I love books more. I am glad to see that the Internet isn't having the impact that most people thought it would. I can't say that I am shocked. At the end of a long day, I would much rather curl up with a book and fall asleep. You can do that with your computer or laptop, but it isn't the same. The book goes anywhere you want, you can't do that with a computer.

Sure people will say "give it time," or "look what is happening to cds." It isn't the same. Penguin Chief Executive and Chairman John Makinson pointed out, "There is a lot going on in the music publishing industry that is not going on in the book industry. Consumers don't want albums they want tracks and in publishing people want books not chapters."

Which made me think, "how weird would it be to read a book one chapter at a time." Instead of just turning the page you would have to open another file, or worse have to get up out of bed and go in search of the next chapter. I have a hard enough time waiting for authors to put out the next book in a series, I couldn't handle waiting for the next chapter.

Curl up with that book, don't worry they will write more.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home