Sunday, July 09, 2006

The bags oh the bags

The bags, the bags, oh the bags. I know it is stereotypical of a librarian to have at least 20 different bags with some sort of library or book affiliation to it. But let's face it I am a new librarian, I need to build the collection, and am I off to a good start now.

All of the new bags, with the exception of one, the Live Oak Media bag. That bag will be listed later with the rest of the stuff I won in the silent auction.


The first bag is the "official" ALA bag. It zips at the top and came packed with all things to help you navigate the conference, exhibit hall, and the city. It is looking a little worse for wear. I was hard on it and it seemed to always be packed full of stuff. It was nice to have a back that EVERYONE at the conference had. It was easy to pick people out for help, which I did more than once. Thank you to all of you fine folks for helping me out.

The next bag I picked up at one of the many Scholastic booths when my arms got too full Friday morning, and they were nice enough to offer me a bag. This ends up becoming an issue, but more on that later. The Captain Underpants bag was also picked up at a Scholastic booth. I love this bag. It cracks me up every time I see it. It was one of the most desired bags. The final Scholastic bag I picked up was a lovely red canvas bag. It was added to the pile when my arms got too full and they offered it to me. Seeing a pattern? Good, it ends up nearly being the death of me Saturday.

The Demco bag was way too much fun. Sure I had to stand in line to spin the Wheel, but it was so worth it. I chatted with people as I stood in line. We made up more of the story for Howard Neon Alawishis Gator, more on him in his post later. I spun this huge wheel and got the Demco grab bag. I go the bag, complete with two water bottle holders, two zipper pouches and an ID holder, plus a ton of the super sticky post-it notes, a Dr. Seuss bulletin border, some buttons, a package of bookmarks and the two color dry erase markers. I loved it.

I got the Book-TV bag and a pen and something else from there, but most importantly I got to see in the Book-TV traveling bus. They have the whole studio and production suite on an average sized RV! For those of us who have seen an old school TV production studio, we couldn't even dream of something like this. It was so cool. I got to sit on the set, and look at all the video equipment.

The last bag listed is one of more sought after bags, the OCLC/WorldCat bags. I truly lusted after this bag, no way around it. I was going to go to the Contentdm presentation anyway, the bag was like icing on the cake. Because there were only about 15 of us that went to that presentation, I grabbed one for Jenn who couldn't make the trip. This bag has and adjustable strap (shoulder or across your body), it also has a cell phone holder, two pen holders on the shoulder strap, and a zipper top. I was just giddy with this bag, as anyone who sat near me in meetings before I got the bag will agree with.

































0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home