Sunday, July 09, 2006

My home away from home


Ok so the pictures don't do this room justice, but I tried. I just got in and the bellman just left with my bags, hence why the bed is already covered in stuff. I can't wait to go back to this hotel. The Omni Royal Orleans had the perfect location for me, it was beautiful to look at, and so cozy. The staff was the best. I got a hearty welcome and good morning from Marty each day. And as silly as it sounded, it was nice to have someone hold the doors open for you.


I was on the seventh floor, the same floor as the pool. This is important to note because in the five days I was there, I only made it to the pool area three times, and the observation deck twice. I will have those photos up soon, I hope.


The armoire has the TV , the coffee maker in it a $7 bottle of water, and a cupboard of snacks that I never broke the seal on. I listened to some of the more savvy ALA members and brought my own snacks. It also had 4 drawers for more clothing. Which I actually used.

But this room was just perfect. I checked my email in the morning on the desk. The bathroom was small, but not as small as mine in my apartment, but please note the toiletry "basket." It came complete with shower cap, but I am here to tell you that isn't a basket. It was iron and heavy. I nearly dropped the thing. My favorite things still has to be the extra roll of toilet paper with a ribbon. Two weeks later and it still cracks me up.

I didn’t' have the best view out of my window, but I did sit on the bench once or twice while I was there. Twice I think, once when I unpacked everything and once to pack it. I am happy to report that I actually hung things up. I was in love with the hangers.

The one thing I forgot to get photos of was the huge amount of phones. This little bitty room had three, yes three phones. One on the desk, one over by the bed, and on directly across from the toilet. Every morning I got up and walked into the bathroom and laughed at it. I tried everything to hide it so I wouldn't laugh at it. It didn't matter, I knew it was there. I snickered most of the way through my shower all the way through the walk to the elevator. Some days it is so much fun to be inside my head.





























0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home