Monday, September 04, 2006

The trials and tribulations of moving

Well, the Purple Cat has found her new home. In just a few short weeks Cheevie, Catherine the Great, and I will be heading up north. The fine citizens of Pelican Rapids, MN offered me an opportunity I couldn’t refuse. I hope that I will be able to serve them as well as their previous director.

Even with all the excitement of a new job, the typical trials and tribulations of moving are starting to wear me down. After much panic and stress, I thought I had figured out how to get my cousin down here to help load the moving truck and get everything to Pelican Rapids without having to tow my car.

While I am very happy that my cousin will be starting a new job, it put my stress free moving in a bit of a sling. The panic driving a moving truck, towing my car, my two lovely cats through five states is more than I could handle.

Further research gave me one last hope at an easy move. It is going to run me a bit more, but in the end it will be easier on everyone. So hopefully by this time tomorrow, the calm I had just a few days ago will be back.

I will keep you posted.

I am off to pack more boxes.

2 Comments:

  • Missouri is just two states directly below Minn, so what crazy route are you taking through five states?

    By Blogger Stacy, at 11:25 PM, September 05, 2006  

  • I am taking Hwy 63 to Macon, MO. Then I turn on to Hwy 36 to St. Joes, MO. Then on interstate 29 until ND somewhere. Then into MN and to Pelican.

    It looks like it would be more work. Lots of maps say to take I-35. However , last I knew I-35 was two lane from Cameron to some place north. And if I would take I-35 I would have to deal with Des Moines and Minneapolis. Worse yet if I truely followed those directions, I would go through or around Kansas City.

    My way is about 5 miles longer. I know where all the road construction is, and how I can get around it. Plus if I really can't make the drive all at once, I have lots of oprtions on places to camp for the night.

    Trust me there has been much discussion about this, you know how I am.

    By Blogger AnnieM, at 7:17 AM, September 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home