Thursday, July 13, 2006

Howard Alawishis Neon Gator

Isn't he cute? This is the famous gator (I keep calling it a dragon but I am from the north, so there ya go). This was one of the more desired items at the conference. He got named in two parts really. I picked him up Sunday morning, and thus had to haul him literally all around New Orleans. At one point in the day, I actually had someone yell across Canal Street wanting to know where I got him. But the end of the day I think Highsmith owed me money.

Now to the story on his name. It started as I stood in line at Wendy's. This was also the first time I saw how bad the workforce was still suffering. I stood inline for about 20 minutes. I had almost an hour to kill before the meeting, so I wasn't worried. But as we stood there he got his name, Howard, and a little bit of a story. He is from Florida, but apparently he had enough of the heat of Florida and decided that it would be more fun to live inside with some people. And so he got stuck with me, poor thing. Later that day as I was standing in the Demco line go get another great bad, again the group worked to finish his name and story. We got as far as Alawishis Neon Gator.

I just love him so much. He has such attitude. He is a great addition to my collection.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home