Sunday, July 16, 2006

Just a small note

I am taking a small brake from blogging my back log of books. I have been reading like mad, but I haven't' gotten around to writing them up until today.

I got behind before I went to ALA last month and I still haven't caught up. Don't get me wrong, I love blogging about books. But it is kinda like laundry. Each time it gets totally out of control and I spend a weekend catching it up I swear I will never let it get that bad again. I promise myself that I will do laundry once a week, blah blah blah and a few weeks later I am back spending a whole weekend trying to catch up and swearing I will never let it get that bad again.

Same thing with the books. I pick up a book and I read it. I write out the note card with all the particulars, and then move on to the next book. Finally when I have five or so done, I blog them all at once. Great plan right?

It is a good theory. This is the most backed up I have been in a couple of years. I just posted 13 books over on Annie's Books and I still have another 12 to go. Of course that isn't counting the three books I have going at the moment and the 30 or so in piles around my living room begging to be read.

The day is hot and humid. It is the perfect day for laying on the couch and reading, but I am determined to get caught up.

Back to the grindstone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home